Thursday, November 6, 2008

Situation, Goal, Plan: A Good Start

Situation:

I am a second year Computer Science student with a bit of time on my hands and a desire to be productive.

Knowledge*:

Use/installation of Linux OS and Windows XP
Use of C/C++(sans STL) and Java programming languages
Use of SVN

Okay, that's a start.

Goal:

Develop something cool. Learn a lot. Create the tools and develop the processes necessary to continue developing cool things.

Plan:

Create a blog called Todo. Create a blog called Ideas. Write out 5-6 detailed schemes of things I would really like to do, then analyse them to figure out what would teach me the most/be doable first. Choose it, do it. Document everything along the way.

Cool!

*knowledge: These are not the only things I know, but they are the sole things I know reasonably well that I can use to be productive.

No comments: